Welcome to the Bread & Butter Fund website. The establishment
of this Fund has taken years and has been well researched. My extensive
experience in financial investing and research has given me a deep
perspective of the characteristics of establishing and managing a
successful fund. This Fund is a culmination of these life experiences.
The Board of Directors and I have made the following commitment:
I invite you to look over the website and review the prospectus carefully
so you may learn more about the Bread & Butter Fund. I appreciate your
interest and consideration in the Fund.
- The Fund Adviser will function as an Independent Investment Adviser.
Manager, James B. Potkul (age 47) is committed to the Fund for the long-term.
- The President and Portfolio Manager along with the independent
Chairman of the Board own a significant stake in the Fund. We will
invest with our investors.
- The Adviser will adhere to a disciplined Contrarian/Value Investment
Strategy by buying out of favor securities whose true value is
yet to be appreciated. We will avoid fads and speculative behavior
as performed by following a herd mentality.
- The Fund will be managed in a tax sensitive manner by minimizing
transactions and asset turnover.
- The Adviser and the Board will work diligently at every opportunity
to lower Fund expenses overtime as asset levels grow.
- The Fund will only seek long-term investors while discouraging
short-term speculators and market timers that would be in opposition
to our Contrarian/Value Strategy.
- The Fund’s Adviser will be proactive in dealing with corporations
by defending the rights of investors when necessary as it relates
to individual securities that are being held in the Fund.
James B. Potkul
Bread & Butter Fund Inc.